Thursday, November 4, 2010
- The Spirit is the Teacher-it will teach long after we are gone
- Increasing our Faith.
- We should go beyond the minimum in order to achieve success.
- You teach with God's help-you can do anything (example David & Goliath)
- Talked about the DO scriptures
- Speak with boldness-Love overcomes fear (Moroni 8:16)
- He told the missionaries they are laying foundation of a Great Work!
President Edwards ended with the fact that the Lord only has us to help Him do his work.
Book of Mormon in Brail
Our souls were filled with the spirit and the desire to do our work with a smile and knowledge that our Father is with us and loves each of us.
Legazpi has a month long festival called "Ibalong". It starts on October 1st and has different activities every day for the whole month. They have a "Street Presentation" on the last Saturday. This is a big celebration of the first people here in Bicol and the dragons and three headed monsters etc…..that had to be slain so the land would be safe to inhabit. The parade is comprised of different high schools that have students dress up and do a performance walking or dancing down the street. The costumes are bright, extreme, gorgeous and mostly made from the products that they make here locally. They also use some of the old fashioned instruments that were used by their forefathers. You will really enjoy the pictures.
We miss and love each of you. May you all continue to love and dedicate your lives to the Lord and his teachings.
Elder and Sister Cooley